Welding is a method of joining two metals. This is the only method used as far as technology is concerned with how to combine two metals and make them act as one.
There are many different types of welding. And welding is definitely not something to joke about. Learning the different types of welding can help you get a better grasp of what welding is. Here are the different types of welding that are used in the industry:
1. MIG Welding – MIG or metal inert gas welding is one of the easiest welding types to learn. This type of welding is actually separated into two parts. One that uses flux core and another one that uses bare wiring. Flux Core MIG welding is done both indoors and outdoors. Flux core MIG welding can be used outside because it doesn’t need a gas supply or even a flow meter. Bare wire MIG welding is used specifically for thin pieces of metal to join them. This type of welding is usually what DIY enthusiasts for welding prefer, they usually can’t afford professional and expensive equipment that’s why they would prefer MIG instead.
2. Arc Welding – This type of welding is also known as stick welding. This is the oldest fashioned and classic type of welding there is. This is more difficult to learn and do than that of MIG welding. Arc welding or stick welding equipment and materials is not that expensive though, you can easily buy them at any local hardware store if you want to have a go for DIY. This type of welding uses a stick electrode welding rod or also called as stick welding rod.
3. TIG Welding – It is very hard to learn due to its versatility. The process of TIG welding is that using both of your hands you’re torching the rod with the torch on one hand and the rod on the other. This type of welding is compatible to a lot of metals like titanium, cobalt, copper, nickels, steel and aluminum.
4. Plasma Arc Welding – Plasma Welding requires a very specified technique in order to properly execute the joining of two metals. This type of welding is commonly used in aerospace. This technique is somewhat similar to TIG welding wherein the electrodes are attached and the gas for ionizing in the arc are used to heat it up.
5. Gas Welding – This type is seldom used nowadays. They require oxygen and acetylene for their welding sets. Since this type of welding is already outdated, it has been overthrown by TIG welding.
These are the types of welding you need to know in order for you to properly understand what is being done if ever you avail residential and commercial mobile welding for your home or your commercial business. Located in phoenix is a mobile welding company called Phoenix Mobile Welding and they offer almost all of the types of welding in their services. You can visit their website to learn more about their products and services.